Pre-Wedding Time Capsule Thought Starter Questions
None of the below questions are required, and we may not get to all of them, but they should provide you with conversation starters as you prepare for our interview.
Talking about yourself
- Tell me about who you are. When you strip away your youth, your jobs, your achievements… who are you?
- What is a part of your personal history that you are proud of?
- Tell me about friendships in your life that are important to you.
- What makes you confident you are ready for the commitment of marriage?
Talking about your future spouse
- How do you describe your partner to people you care about, but who haven’t met her/him yet?
- How does your partner view the world? How is it different from you?
- What do you expect from your future spouse (in health, in sickness, in financial contributions, in connection with the spiritual, in dealing with your families)?
- Tell me about a joyful moment you shared with your partner.
What you think about marriage
- What does being married mean to you? Why is it important that you have this ceremony?
- Tell me about the symbols in your life that you share with your future spouse.
- What does being faithful mean to you? What scares you about this commitment? What makes you confident you can hold up your end of the deal?
- Do you want to have children? What do you imagine you and your spouse will be like as parents?
- How will you know if you are in a successful marriage?